Google has released its Site Kit 6 months after it’s beta. This released version is a simplified iteration of their initial beta that’s designed for mass use.
Site Kit allows WordPress users to access data from Google products right from their site’s dashboard. The plugin aggregates data from Google Search Console, Google Analytics, PageSpeed Insights, and AdSense.
If you’re a novice marketer or just can’t deal with code this is a great way of setting up your Google Analytics tracking as you don’t need to do any additional code editing and shows you all the information inside your WordPress dashboard.
You’ll be able to see performance tips and recommendations in your WordPress dashboard and customise the permissions levels for each user. You can also check the stats of individual pages by navigating to the page and clicking on Site Kit in the admin bar.
It’s super easy to set up Site Kit, just install the plugin on WordPress, connect it with your Google account and grant the plugin permission. You’ll then start to see your statistics in your WordPress dashboard.
The official Google Site Kit WordPress plugin reads as follows:
Site Kit is the official WordPress plugin from Google for insights about how people find and use your site. Site Kit is the one-stop solution to deploy, manage, and get insights from critical Google tools to make the site successful on the web. It provides authoritative, up-to-date insights from multiple Google products directly on the WordPress dashboard for easy access, all for free.
BRINGING THE BEST OF GOOGLE TOOLS TO WORDPRESS
Site Kit includes powerful features that make using these Google products seamless and flexible:
- Easy-to-understand stats directly on your WordPress dashboard
- Official stats from multiple Google tools, all in one dashboard
- Quick setup for multiple Google tools without having to edit the source code of your site
- Metrics for your entire site and for individual posts
- Easy-to-manage, granular permissions across WordPress and different Google products
SUPPORTED GOOGLE SERVICES
Site Kit shows key metrics and insights from different Google products:
- Search Console: Understand how Google Search discovers and displays your pages in Google Search. Track how many people saw your site in Search results, and what query they used to search for your site.
- Analytics: Explore how users navigate your site and track goals you’ve set up for your users to complete.
- AdSense: Keep track of how much your site is earning you.
- PageSpeed Insights: See how your pages perform compared to other real-world sites. Improve performance with actionable tips from PageSpeed Insights.
- Tag Manager: Use Site Kit to easily set up Tag Manager- no code editing required. Then, manage your tags in Tag Manager.
- Optimize: Use Site Kit to easily set up Optimize- no code editing required. Then, set up A/B tests in Optimize.